On October 3, 2018, the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development published the required New Jersey paid sick leave law poster in English (other languages will be available soon).
This new poster includes information regarding the state’s new paid sick leave law.
This poster must be posted “in a conspicuous place” at the employer’s premises “where notices to employees and applicants for employment are customarily posted.”
In addition to the posting requirements, employers are required to provide employees with a copy of this poster at the following times:
- Within 30 days of October 3, 2018 (the date it was issued by the NJDOL),
- At the time of hiring (if the employee is hired after the notice is issued), and
- The first time an employee requests a copy of the notice.
Employees can be provided with a hard copy of the notice or it may be distributed via email.
It is recommended that all New Jersey employers do the following as soon as possible:
- Post this new poster in their workplace
- Distribute the notice to all employees.